My Favorite Blogs

5.02.2012

This May is Mine

I know that a lot of people are using the month of May to maybe workout more, stay motivated, etc.  Well I am too. I am calling it ME May.  But other than working out, eating healthy, I am trying to make everything in my life more positive.  I am going to surround myself with positively and reflect it to others.  This is what I am planning to do...

  • Have patience!  In everything.  In God's timing, at work, in the progress I make on my goals of becoming more healthy, with other people, in traffic, basically in EVERYTHING!
  • Stick to my goals.  I am trying to do an intense workout 3 days away (Zumba 2 days and a run the other).  Also stick to my lesson plans! It is really easy for me (and any teacher, I imagine) to get lazy when it comes this close to the end of the year.  I have already covered all of my standards but that does not mean that my kids can have the next two weeks off, and neither can I.
  • Realize that I cannot control others but I can control how they affect me.  There will always be people in my life who annoy the crap out of me rub me the wrong way.  But I can choose to not to let their negativity affect me.  I am surrounded by so many hateful and selfish people.  But it is their choice to be like that.  I just cannot let it bother me.
  • Pray about it.  "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. Then you will experience God's peace which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your heart and mind as you live in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 4:6-7  I am searching for that peace. I am on a mission to find it.
I welcome any advice you have to make this ME May a successful one.  Also try to make your month a ME May.  I realize I will not always have just me to worry about- some day I will have a family and I will not be able to focus on me.

3 comments:

  1. This post is amazing! These are some really good goals. For me, I need to remember that God's time is the best time.
    I don't really have any advice but for me the best way to workout and stay on track is do it in the morning when you wake up. That way you get it out the way and have energy for the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really going to try to workout in the morning. Energy for the day and it won't be 90 degrees. This evening it is hitting 90 degrees here in the south and that makes it even harder for me to get in a workout outside!

      Delete
  2. Oh, Ashley, this post is so inspiring!! Thank you for sharing so much positivity, it's very motivating!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments! xo, Ashley