Skinny Bitch Chapter Two: Carbs: The Truth
Kim and Rory give a simple and to the point review of carbs and what they do when we eat them. Unlike we all have heard, it is okay to eat carbs...As long as it not the bad carbs aka simple carbohydrates. "Simple Carbohydrates suck and are as nutritionally beneficial as toilet paper."
- Mostly made of sugar. This causes sugar highs and then crashes. This leaves us feeling hungry...so we eat more.
- White flower, white pasta, white rice, white sugar
- When manufactures refine these carbs, they strip all nutritional value from them.
- Think again when you see something that is enriched or fortified...Our bodies cannot take in these minerals very easily.
- Most cereals, pastas, breads, rice, cookies, etc have been "bastardized" in this manner...Sad day :(
- Complex carbs are easily broken down to release their energy.
- Potatoes, yams, sweet potatoes, corn, brown rice, beans, hummus, lentils, whole wheat, vegetables, fruit
- Whole grains that have not been refined (stripped of their nutrients) are good carbs.
- Fruit is a good carb!
- Fruit is high in enzymes and requires almost no work to digest.
- Fruit is made up of mostly water...So it helps the body in cleansing and detoxifying.
- Eat fruits alone so it can digest quickly...If you eat it with other foods it rots and ferments in our stomachs (YUCK) causing burping, bloating, and heartburn.