My Favorite Blogs

4.24.2012

Bride Book

For my best friend's wedding, I decided to make her a "Bride Book."  I adapted this from an idea that I saw on Pinterest a while before her wedding.  I loved the idea and I think it is something that she will be able to keep and cherish forever.  

I started by making the cover.  I used an X-acto knife to cut out her new monogram.  I put this on with some double sided tape.  

I then went through and did a page for all of her bride-to-be events.  I did a page for both of her bridal showers as well as a page for each of her bachelorette parties.  

I then did a page for each person in her bridal party.  I asked each person to send me a picture and a letter for the bride.  I took these pictures and letters and made a page for each special person.  I attached the pictures to the scrapbook paper using a different, but coordinating, paper as a mat for the picture.  I then made a little "envelope" to slide each letter in with the same paper I used as the photo mat.  I did this for each bridesmaid or attendant.  

I used the same paper for the back as the paper I used for the cover.  On the back cover, I put a little "made with love" not for her and a picture of myself and her. 

I punched holes in all of the pages and tied them together with a piece of twine.  I probably would have put it in a scrapbook binder, but I was on a budget :)

So basically all you need for this is:  
  • lots of coordinating scrapbook paper
  • double sided tape
  • pictures and letters from bridesmaids and attendants
  • X-acto knife
  • hole punch
  • string (or scrapbook binder)
  • scissors
  • 3-4 hours

Cover with her new last name initial.


Page for her Bridal Shower in Chattanooga.

Page for her Bachelorette Party in Chattanooga.

Bacheclorette on Beale page.

My bridesmaid page.  Pictures and my letter to her in the home-made envelope.

Back cover of the book and dedication.

2 comments:

Thanks for the lovely comments! xo, Ashley