My Favorite Blogs

12.10.2010

Speak Now by Taylor Swift

I must say, I am a sucker for Tay Swift's new album Speak Now.  Below is a song off the album that I'm sort of obsessed with at the moment.  Dear John is directed towards John Mayer.  As we all know, they had some sort of relationship/fling....Yep, she was 19 and he was what? In his 30's.  If I were to write Taylor a song I would name it Dear Taylor.  And it basically would say date someone your own age.  Stop scooping up men who seem to be having a mid-life crisis (ahem Jake Gyllenhaal).
Anyways, I really do like her new album.  It is more mature than her other albums...There is no telling your friends your gay and burning pictures in this one.  I guess that is why I like it so much more than the other ones. 
This album has that song that she wrote for Kanye West after he stole her spotlight at the video music awards.  There are a lot of underhanded cuts at Kanye in this song.  You would not catch them if you did not know the whole story.  But I like this song too. 
Good job on the album Tay Tay.  Lets just remember to date boys our own age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the lovely comments! xo, Ashley